Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pens lose...

So the Pens lost in OT to the Canadians, and Snack and Diego were in the house...not a good omen to start the blog off with a loss, but hey, at least we got a point...

Some observations...

1. It was good seeing Sid the Kid getting physical...especially since he was scrapping with Alex Kovalev. It really got the crowd going and was the impetus of that two goal outpour in the second. I only wish he woulda dropped the gloves for the first time in his NHL career. Talk about bringing down the house, that woulda been front page news in every newspaper in Canada. I can see the picture now, Sid bleeding from the face like that poor bastard from Chicago who got his nose busted two games in a row.

2. Marc Fluery is as inconsistent as advertised. I watched those two games in a row where he looked like Patrick Roy reincarnated, and I had hoped all this was behind him...God, was I wrong. Those goals he allowed tonight looked soft and his confidence gotta be shattered.

On the same note, Dan the Man Sabourin looked outstanding in that shootout. I swear he has the quickest glove I've ever seen. I can't believe he stopped 5 shots in the shootout and still came away with the loss. Where did the vaunted Pens attack go? You'd think as talented as they are, they'd be better at shootouts, but I guess 1-on-1 isn't their strongpoint.

3. I was not a big fan of how many Canadian fans were in attendance. For a team that prides itself on selling out all its games, it seems a lil odd for so many fans of a different color to be there. But I guess that's what happens when you play an Original 6 team (except the aforementioned Blackhawks...no one gives a damn about them...). Thank God those Pens girls were running around the crowd to liven up the "atmosphere". And whoever Vinny from the X is, you better watch yourself...you might be the next victim of a Snack Attack!