Saturday, October 27, 2007

SNACK ATTACK!!!!

I’m going to post some random grumblings and grievances on a somewhat regular basis…or whenever someone pisses me off. This segment, by far my favorite, is called SNACK ATTACK!

Jimmy McGuire…who the hell are you? You are all over the stations Snack frequents pushing off some eyeglass chain when no one, and I mean NO ONE, I know has ever heard of you. I did some research and found out he’s some jagoff from Jeopardy!. Obviously not the host, mind you, but he’s the guy who travels around for those video clues. That’s really tapping the bottom of the barrel as far as celebrities go. This guy is on the N-List of celebs…the NO ONE F-ING KNOWS YOU LIST!

Matt Cavanaugh…I know we’re all supposed to be feeling good about Pitt beating Cinci, but I’ve seen way too much of this guy trying to go for the tricky play when all you need to do is give the ball to your future All-American running back. That’s right; I said it, future All-American. Hell, he could be a Heisman candidate if Wanny ever gets it together enough to put a winning team on the field. But I digress. When you are on the goal line in overtime looking at third-and-goal from the 2-yard line, anyone with half a brain would give it to Shady McCoy who already scored 3 touchdowns to go along with 165 yards, or let the true freshman Bostick throw two incomplete passes in the end zone. I understand hindsight is 20/20, but this is ludicrous. Anyone who has ever seen a football game knows better then that, and after 3 sub par seasons someone has to pay, and with a little luck it’ll be Cavanaugh. I can't blame him for Shady fumbling the ball as he did yesterday, but I didn't think his play calling did much to prove me wrong. Until that last drive Bostick had almost no yards and our team was completely one-dimensional.