Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pens news...

Well guys, I've decided I'm not even going to put up a link to the results from last night's loss to the Devils...When the Pens play hard and deserve having me write about them, I will, but until then they can forget it..I wouldn't mind it so much if they were a bad team but they're not, which leads me to believe this is a lack of effort, not a lack of talent. I think with the exception of Sid, Malkin and Malone, and obviously a few others scattered about, this team is a bunch of fat headed tools who read WAAAAAYYYYY too much into their own hype.

And the goaltending...holy hell the goaltending...We need someone new, someone who isn't rattled when things go wrong...I know, Marc's only 21 or 22, but the SOB has been in the league for over 3 seasons...If he's still getting shook up now, I have no reason to believe he will ever be the franchise type goalie we envisioned...the next Marty Brodeur my fat ass...And for Danny, who played last night, I guess he's a serviceable back up, but as good as his glove is, he sometimes has Fluerian tendencies to let in soft goals at horrible times....

Finally, does anyone other then me think that Therrien may need to go? I don't think his style of coaching meshes very well with this team, and my man Ray Shero may have known something when he only gave him a 1 year extension...It's quite possible that all of these guys have heard his song and dance before and just aren't buying it...Don't forget that most of these kids played for him in the minors, and coaches can get muted out if the players don't wanna hear what they're saying...

These guys need to pull their collective heads out of their butts and get this ship righted very quickly, or else we're all going to be pissing and moaning about what a waste of a year this was for the Pens...

Until Diego's links lata on...


No comments: