Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ben, Among Others, Poops Their Pants

This isn't going to be a very long post, but I felt I should mention something about today's game while it was still fresh in my mind...

I never thought these words would come out of my lips (mainly because he's my starter in fantasy football) but the Steelers should have sat Big Ben against the Colts. You could see he wasn't entirely on top of his throws, and his crucial interceptions made me want to go to Heinz Field and slap him. However, he isn't the only one to get some blame for this one...

Maybe he just had one helluva hangover?

Bruce Arians - you knew your QB was half a cripple today, and yet as the first half was winding down, you call a passing play on 3rd and 3 from inside your own 20. Why he didn't just run the clock out and take a 10 point lead into halftime is absolutely beyond me. The pick that Ben threw is what turned the entire game around. Before that happened, Peyton Manning looked like a JV high school kid playing against Mike Ditka - which is to say not very good. Once he had the short field to work with, he put 7 on the board and when they recieved the kickoff to start the second half, he went right down the field again the Colts scored 3.

A 10 point lead turns into a tie. WOW. So basically, thanks for screwing the pooch tonite Arians...

And the last person I will single out for blame is Ike Taylor. I know it's kinda tacky to go after him for those two deflections that ended up being caught by Reggie Wayne, but that's exactly what I'm going to do. Ike's proven time and time again that he can't catch the ball, so my question is, why even try? He was trying to make plays on both passes, but with the positioning he had there was no other option but to bat the ball DOWN, not pop it up in the air for someone to grab. He's gotta be happy just making a play, not worrying about trying to be a Charles Woodson or Champ Bailey - sorry bro, but you aren't ever gonna be that good.

(Pic from postgazette.com)

Bat it down moron

Until lata...

No comments: