Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pitt beats on another sucker...

The Pitt Panthers beat Boston U. last night at The Pete, 80-53...We have to have one of the weakest early season schedules in the country, beating their opponents by an average of 31 points per game, and yet we've moved up to #11 in one poll...This has definitely been the year of the underdog in college athletics, with the big upsets by Stanford and Appalachain St. in football, and numerous college hoops teams losing or barely surviving games with inferior opponents...I'm glad to see Pitt hasn't fallen into that trap...yet...

Ronald Ramon broke out of his shooting slump, leading the Panthers with 15 points, which is always good...I love having a pure shooter such as him on the team...One thing that didn't impress me, however, was the play of Sam Young...He's been playing so well recently, and yet in the first televised game of the year (to my knowledge), he craps his pants, turning the ball over and attempting to force the issue. Let's hope this was a one game thing, and that he doesn't turn into Karl Krauser Jr....

Finally, I am looking for big things from DeJaun Blair...He looked pretty good last night, and I was particularly impressed with his rebounding prowess. I'm thinking he won't be around all four years at Pitt, so get a good look at him while you can...

(Pic from postgazette.com)

Don't tase me brah!!!!

Pitt's next game is against a crappy Toledo team, but then comes the biggest game of this young season...Pitt vs. Duquesne...I know, I never thought I'd be saying that either...but whatever, if you write a Pittsburgh sports blog, I guess you gotta cover everyone...

Except Penn St., of course...They're more obnoxious then those damn Hoopies in West Virginia, and they even smell worse...I guess Jo Pa's "accident" is still lingering with them...

(Pic from mondesishouse.com)

Oooops, I crapped my pants...

Until lata...


No comments: