Thursday, March 6, 2008

A few quick links for yinz...

Diego made some links up yesterday - and I forgot to post them. So I'm an idiot. But here's some links I found and he told me about to hold ya over until we post our pens game recap. Enjoy....

The Steelers are looking at Chris Crocker in free agency. I personally don't know much about him, but we need all the help we can get at safety. But he did just come off a stint playing with the Falcons, so god only knows what kinda attitude this jagoff has...

The Pens look to go 2-0 with Sid back in the lineup when they face Florida tonight at 7:30. Let's hope they don't stink up the joint like they enjoy doing against crappy teams - especially crappy teams from Florida...

(Pic from steelerstuff.com)

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Speaking of the Penguinos, PNA's boy Gary "I'll Eat Your Children" Roberts seems to be rounding into form right in time for the playoffs. The Trib is saying his goal is to play 5 regular season games to "warm up" and be ready to kick a lil' ass come playoff time.

Some people think Old Balls Roberts is too old to make an impact on our playoff run - I say he's a proven playoff winner and should be added to our playoff roster every year until he's 50. The way he was punishing people in Game 5 last season, even when it was clear we weren't going to win, was an inspiration to the guys. Plus, he scored 2 goals in 5 games, which ain't shabby for someone roughly my dad's age.

(Pic from postgazette.com)

"...and you can count, on me, waiting for you in the parking lot."

PS - I searched Google Images for this pic of Gary Roberts, like I would for any picture. But when I typed his name in, let's just say there were some images DRAWN by some jagoff named Gary Roberts, and they're f-ing crazy. I won't even link you up to Google Images they're so wild, but if you're daring, you can check it out for yourself...

In celeb news, Patrick Swayze has cancer. It's a sad day for me (and apparently Mark Madden - who knew?), mostly because I always like Road House. Luckily, the reports of him having only 5 weeks to live were untrue, but his prognosis isn't necessarily all that good. So we'll have to see how this one plays out.

And finally, It's Always Sunny in Philadephia, a show Snack and Diego both think is funny as hell, has been picked up for another season. Check it out on F/X when the new season rolls around. And don't forget to catch the series finale of The Wire on HBO. It's on Sunday night at 9, and it looks like Marlo and Chris are about to get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...It's gonna be sweet.

(Pic from hbo.com)

RIP Snoop - someone will be joinin' ya shortly girl.

Until lata...

No comments: