Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jagr is a Tool

Since the Washington Capitals decided to crap themselves and lose game 7 of their series with the Flyers last night, the Pens now play the New York hockey Rangers in Round 2 of the Eastern Conference playoffs starting Friday night at 7PM at the Igloo.

I am personally kinda glad we get to play these jagoffs - hopefully Sid the Kid and Geno will show the Jagr-bomb who the real deal is in these playoffs, and send these whiny women (I'm talkin' bout you Avery - email me at Pierogiesnat@gmail.com and I'll call you a woman to your face) back to NY with their tails' between their legs. And don't even get me started on the rest of the clowns on that squad. As far as I'm concerned, they can all climb the Empire State Building and take a flying leap off...

Marc Fluery needs to continue his lights out play and Hal "I have a big stick" Gill needs to keep pummeling people or we could be in some serious trouble. I mean honestly, NY is prolly the hardest team left for us in the East - Philly would be a toss up due to our rivalry (but obviously we'd beat them silly) and I think we can beat Montreal somewhat handily. They're a good squad but I don't think they match up well with the Pens in a playoff series; we're more talented, bigger and tougher then they are, which is not a good way to start the series.

Although, I think we're more talented, bigger and tougher then everyone left in the East, so I guess everyone we play is behind the 8-ball from the get go...

As far as all the other Pittsburgh sports, the Buccos won yesterday (they still stink) and the Steelers draft 23rd on Sunday. The draft starts at 3 PM, so my guess is we'll pick around 6ish.

And make sure you check in with PNA during the draft - as of now (subject to change because we suck), we plan on live blogging the first two rounds of the draft. I know, it's a crazy idea, but with enough beer, anything's possible...

Until lata...

No comments: