Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Snack Attack

Last night's Pens game was one of the best I've seen in a long time - it prolly didn't hurt that we were at lovely Crystal's in the Strip, but the way the game was played and our explosive third period really made it a game to remember. We won 4-1 and took a stranglehold on the first round series, which we now lead 3 games to none.

The Flower was his (I can't believe I'm saying this by the way) usual amazing self, letting in only one goal during a Senator flurry that seemed to last about the first half of the game. Sid the Kid got his first playoff of the season yesterday, as did Marian "it's about f-ing time" Hossa.

The Talbot even had himself one heckuva game, including the tying goal that went five hole on Gerber. Everyone played well, with the exception of Whitney, who I continue to hate on for his poor defensive play. I think that contract may have been jumpin the gun a little bit, but hey, I'm not in charge of the team - I just write about them.

The Steelers schedule was announced today, and we got the short end of the stick again. Not only do we have the "toughest" schedule in all of football, but we also have to play 11 games at times other then 1PM Sunday. Why the hell we'd be playing so many night/late afternoon games is beyond me, but I guess the NFL in their infinite wisdom decided we shouldn't play on Sundays...

And finally, how about our Pittsburgh Pirates, who are now a game above .500 and looking good, despite our horrible, horrible defense. If we keep hitting and pitching like this, and our defense works itself out, who knows, maybe we could be a darkhorse contender in the NL Central...

Until tomorrow, when you will all learn why Mike Lange is a true pimp and playa...