Monday, November 5, 2007

Pens Win 5-0...

Once again the Pens have a two goal lead. Wow I was thinking I should just turn the game off since in the past two games the Pens have had a two goal lead only to end up losing it as well as the game. By the end of the first period, Sid the Kid already had a power play goal and Adam Hall had scored for his second on the season. I was hopeful for the Pens when they entered the locker room with that much desired two goal lead.

I guess the Pens were thinking the same thing I was when they went back on the ice for the second period. You could tell they wanted to score the next goal as they had extra pep in their skates, beating the Devils to every loose puck. It paid of for the Pens when Sykora was able to score one early in the second, only to be followed a few minuets later by a Christensen one timer. The Pens started to lay the smack down on our neighbors to the east. As the Pens entered the locker room for the second intermission I was thinking to myself is there any way they could blow a four goal lead?

With another early goal (and his second on the night), Sid the Kid put my worries to rest, as there’s no way the Devils can come back from a five goal deficit. As I watched the game progress I could only think to myself that the Penguins now look like the Penguins of last year. Their chemistry is strong, and they look like they’re ready to keep the train rolling against in-state rivals Philly on Wednesday.

Sit down, son...

PS: Don't forget, tomorrow will be kinda hectic so we may not chat again till Wednesday...


No comments: